The City of North Bend has had a movie house since the 1920’s. In the 1930’s the North Bend Theatre was located in the middle section of the McClellan Hotel (where John L. Scott and Twin Peaks NW are today). The widening of the main road though town (which later became I-90 and is today North Bend Way) resulted in a major remodel of the Hotel and the theatre facility was no longer available. In 1941 a new Art Deco style theatre was constructed and it opened to the public on April 9, 1941. A reporter from the local newspaper attended opening night. To read the article that appeared on the front page click here.
For the last 30 years, the theatre has been operated by North Bend locals, Harry and Helen Trostel. On October 1, 1999, Brian and Karlene Slover purchased the theatre to continue operation as a movie house. They closed for a couple months to remodel the building in keeping with the original style. The renovation of the building was extensive.
The building’s infrastructure was improved in the following areas:
Outside, these improvements were made:
Inside, here’s what customers noticed:
Here's what was done for the image and sound.
Our goal is to match the multiplexes in picture and sound quality, but exceed them in terms of the complete movie-going experience. Our prices are lower. We have a room for crying babies. Customers don’t have to listen to commercials in the auditorium. We have lattes. We take extra pride in the presentation of the films we show by getting the temperature, lighting and sound just right. And because we only have one screen we can pipe the sound into the lobby and restrooms. We’ll sometimes have door prizes and we’ll personally introduce our films from time to time. We also will be tied into the local community by supporting charities and holding benefit shows several times a year where all profits will go to a worthy cause.
The Theatre | Now Showing | Coming Attractions | Contact Us | Directions & Parking | Rental Information | Home